Title: Financial Modeler
Client: Spoken Communications
Work Location: Seattle, WA
Work Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Reports to: VP Finance
We are looking for a Financial Modeler. The Financial Modeler position will be a member of the Finance team and be responsible for developing business costing models. Additionally, he/she will assist in the data collection, reporting and analysis of modeling results. This role includes preparation of reports and financial data, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Possess a thorough understanding of the risk drivers of the models and their applications in estimating default and prepayment risk and potential losses.
- Prepares model documentation, whitepapers in clear and concise manner for presentation.
- Measure key performance indicators and benchmarking results across accounts, markets, business units, and channels.
- Developed foreign sourcing revenue allocation model for tax reporting.
- Built & Maintained forecast models and dashboards to track important investor/competitor.
- Confer with business to determine what asset, transaction, process, or capital segment is to be subject to analysis using a model. May acquire data for use in developing and/or testing the model.
- Develop/refine/test model using established quantitative methods. Run against data provided by business unit or extracted from appropriate database.
- Research financial model operating results for a particular business unit, product line and the like; provide data support and propose explanations for valuation models and changes over time.
- Support budgeting, forecasting, month-end processes (e.g. accruals, account analysis).
- Use statistical and financial modeling techniques to analyze results and identify variances and underlying causes, opportunities, and risks. Provide actionable insights around trends, financial performance.
- Utilize analytical and modeling capability to perform scenario and sensitivity analysis to enhance decision making across a range of options and present findings.
- Conducts and develops quantitative and analytic models, assessments and/or applications in support of risk management efforts that assess the market and identify risks and gaps in existing or proposed processes.
- Applies diverse methodologies and deep experience in a variety of disciplines to identify and solve complex and/or undefined risk problems.
- Develop a new model using historical data to correlate indicators.
- Other duties as applicable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years of experience in Finance, Accounting, Forecasting, or Budgeting
- Strong interpersonal and communication / writing skills
- Able to work independently, generally self-directed Interaction with other departments, external auditors, customers, and other parties
- Strong Problem solving/analytical skills
- Ability to independently lead and manage projects with minimal supervision
- Strong intellectual curiosity with attention to details to ensure the quality of data and the soundness of the models and to advance the current state of models
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills with an ability to explain technical concepts and complicated results to a diverse audience - technical and non-technical
- Able to produce results efficiently and have a strong sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment
- MS Office; expert level Excel