Title: Network Engineer
Work Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Full Time/40 hours
This position involves primarily designing, developing, implementing and analyzing voice and data communications networks for Spoken's contact center cloud infrastructure. This role comprises the design and implementation of enterprise-wide voice and data network projects, including the preparation and maintenance of project implementation schedules. The person in this role shares responsibility for architecture, design and deployment of fault-tolerant voice and data networks, including disaster recovery. Also, the person in this role will also design and maintain network management architecture for specific network and telecom components, including event monitoring and alerting, as well as configure and deploy network and telecom equipment in accordance with project implementation plans.
- Performs activities required for timely completion of projects
- Troubleshoots, resolves, and documents all Tier III support calls as related to the LAN /WAN and Telecommunications
- Develops and documents plans to troubleshoot, diagnose, and test voice and data related issues
- Completes and publishes documentation as related to specific network services projects
- Provides technical guidance and direction to team members
- Uses knowledge of LAN/WAN and Telecommunications systems to design and install internal and external voice and data networks, Cisco experience a must
- In depth knowledge of VoIP to include both SIP and H323
- Assists with the completion of large-scale network services engineering projects
- Assists with engineering research and design
- Participate in various phases of SDLC including design, coding, reviews, testing and documentation
- Utilize design methodologies, object-oriented design and design patterns
- Work with other teams throughout the company to determine feasibility, business and functional requirements and technical designs on assigned projects
- Provide ongoing support, maintenance and enhancement of systems
- Knowledge of computer network infrastructures, technologies and protocols
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well independently or within a team, especially cross-functional teams
- Ability to determine unique and creative solutions to problems within a rapid development environment
- Some travel will be required
Education / Experience / Location:
- This position is based at Spoken's corporate office in Bellevue, WA.
- Most customer interactions will be on the phone or via video. This position might require up to 15% travel.
- At least 5 years experience in contact center sales.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or Computer Science. Previous experience will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of sales and the sales process.
- Knowledge of contact center environments, architecture and design.
- Strong skills in dealing with clients on a technical level.
- Able to work independently.